Monday, September 1, 2008

Auyona

After 9 months of endless waiting and dreaming, she's finally here...umm...well she arrived 3 months earlier to be precise, on 30th May, and our lives have not been the same since. Auyona true to her name is a bundle of sunshine and her smile can brighten up even the gloomiest of days...with her around it is difficult for anyone to remain uninvolved for too long...I have seen her normally taciturn grandfather cooing over her crib, her 'lost in his own world' uncle rushing to pick her up when she cried for a minute too long, but the biggest change so far has taken place in my DH...all of a sudden he has transformed from the overly relaxed guy who would think nothing of sleeping in till 1 pm on holidays and would try and stay in bed till the last possible microsecond on work days, to the man who gets up almost half an hour earlier on weekdays just so that he can spend those few extra moments with her. It's touching to say the least, though sometimes I feel like poking him and saying "hello, remember me?????" and I do too, but like I said earlier seeing them together is a sight I wouldnt give up for all the wonders of the world.

I had a very very special relationship with my dad.He was my hero, the man who could do everything and more and seeing my daughter (OMG! I still have difficulty in believing that I'm a mom) and HER father together brings back those wonderful memories that I have of my dad. Like they say "child is the father of man", I realised the true emotion behind this statement when I saw myself 25 years back...through Kuhu's (that's what we call her at home) eyes. I found the lyrics to a song that expresses just what I feel:

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the
world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me
gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand
around my finger
It puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about

It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy
she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

1 comment:

o6foyuvhjb said...

She is a very beautiful baby girl!

Congratulations, and I wish you and her the best of luck. =)