Thursday, February 14, 2008

A non-valentine 'Valentines Day'

My DH (Dear Husband) hates the thought of 'Valentines Day'...it's not that he's unromantic, quite the contrary...what he hates is the commercialization of love! According to him, love is something to share, to give, to express every single day...so why should there be a day specifically set apart for it? Other than the historical importance of the day (St. Valentine et al), which anyways very few people know about...what differentiates 14th Feb from the rest 364 days (365 days this leap year)?

Today is Valentines Day and it's just like any other day in our house...infact my DH wont even be home till quite late at night...he is going to a 'Police' concert, something he had been wanting to go to since a long time and something I know he would have willingly given up had I told him to....that is love. I let him go...that is love too. Well...didn't let him go that easily either...I made him promise to pick up Chinese from my favorite chinese joint on his way back home!!! Bee Hoon (thin rice noodles), Cashew Chicken, Mabo Dofu (Tofu in a spicy minced meat sauce) and Gyoza (the japanese equivalent of dumplings)...in one word...YUMMILICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Right now, I am going through my chinese phase, earlier it was thai and even before that I would only want to eat 'Bento' that's Japanese style set meals...pregnancy has some weird effects on taste for sure!!! They say that cravings are your body's way of telling you what you are missing out on...i wonder what form of nutrient does oily and spicy food provide my body with???? Anyways I had made up my mind long ago not to worry about looking like a beached whale and enjoy my pregnancy the best I can..but it's easier said than done...at least some times....the rest...i just dont look in the mirror!!!! 'Ignorance is bliss' and all that jazz!!!!

Baby's kicking...time for lunch i guess!!!! :)

2 comments:

Life Of A Domestic Diva said...

Welcome to the blog world :-) All that talk about food, has gotten me hungry too he he.

Unknown said...

hey i got ur blog through orkut but didn't dare to add u there coz u r looking very high personality.
yeah ur DH is quite right love is to feel, not to tell others by words tell this by exressions only.
4 ppl like us who are yet bachelors everyday is valentine day but no one is there to accept my proposal hehehehe anyways take care and be hapy and healthy always
god bless u
all the best 4 everything.
u can mail me if u wish to be my net pal as i wish to be urs. at exploreme.83@gmail.com